Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Nike Air RetroSpec. Take Time and Reflect.

I designed these back in 2008 when I first received Creative Suite 3. This was my first shoe I really practiced a lot on with the programs. I called it the "RetroSpec" (yes I know I spelled it wrong on purpose) because I was just sitting back and "reflecting" about a couple different shoes from when I was growing up and their different attributes that made them unique from others at the time. I thought about the Air Max 95 and how they really pushed the neon color-ways. This version of the Nike Air Max was designed after the human anatomy. I thought about the Air Jordan 15. When I first saw this shoe back in 8th grade I thought WTF is Jordan Brand doing? But after owning a pair I really took interest in the woven upper. It was tough, durable and hugged the fore foot and that material was not common on any basketball shoe. The Air Max 90 was inspiration because of how they made the air unit stand out on the mid-sole with color surrounding it. I also wanted to make the shoe have a late 80's early 90's look and feel so I set it on a Nike Huarache Runner mid-sole with the Jordan 4 speckled details to bring it all together as a "RetroSpec" (Retrospect).

No comments:

Post a Comment